The Cotswold Line Promotion Group’s 45th Annual General Meeting will take place as planned at the Women’s Institute Hall, in New Road, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL56 0AS, on Saturday, May 13, at 10.30am.
A decision to postpone the meeting, announced previously on this website, has been reversed.Our apologies for any confusion.
New Road is just around the corner from Moreton-in-Marsh station, at the end of the station approach road.
GWR has announced that due to industrial action by members of the RMT and Aslef unions, no trains will run on the Cotswold Line on Friday, May 12, and Saturday, May 13.
Members who want to travel to the AGM by public transport can use the following bus routes to reach Moreton-in-Marsh.
- Pulhams Coaches route 801 from Cheltenham via Bourton-on-the-Water.
- Pulhams Coaches route 51 from Stratford-upon-Avon via Shipston-on-Stour
- Stageeoach Midlands routes 1 and 2 from Stratford-upon-Avon via Chipping Campden and Blockley.
Free car parking is available in the town’s High Street and pay-and-display parking is available at Old Market Way, off Station Road. You are advised not to park at the Co-op supermarket at the north end of the High Street – ANPR cameras are in use there to enforce parking time limits.
As well as hearing about the group’s activities over the past 12 months, the meeting will be addressed by Great Western Railway’s managing director Mark Hopwood. Due to the industry action, West Midlands Railway will not be able to send a representative. There will be an opportunity to put questions to Mr Hopwood and the CLPG’s officers.
- President’s opening comments, from Lord Faulkner of Worcester
- Apologies for absences
- Minutes of the 44th Annual General Meeting, held on May 14, 2022, at Honeybourne Village Hall
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Chairman’s report for 2022-23
- Treasurer’s report for 2022-23
- Subscription rates for 2023-24
- Election of Officers (Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer)
- Election of committee members
- Appointment of Auditor
- Guest speaker: Mark Hopwood, GWR
- Future Activities
- Questions and any other business